Ode to Vogue (Italia)

Ode to Vogue (Italia)

In the summer of 2008, a friend of mine traveled to Italy for a few weeks. When he returned, he surprised me with a copy of Vogue Italia, 2008. I have never been to Italy but I dream of going one day. I was so in love with the pages of the publication, I wanted to preserve them in some way. Years went by, then one day at work, the Marketing Department gave me a slightly damaged foam board. They were aware of my passion for recycling rubbish into art. Once I had that piece of foam board in my hand, I became inspired to create my collage.

Materials:

• Foam Board
  • The exquiste pages of Vogue Italia, 2008
  • Men's Vogue, 2008
  • Ribbons
  • Glue Stick
  • Lotion (Yes, Lotion)
  • Fabric Paint

Creative Commons license

Self Portrait

"Self Portrait" is from my earlier collection of Recycled Art. When I created this piece, I discovered a hidden part of myself. It was like I hacked into the creative and resouceful part of my brain. I felt like the 'Macgyver' of Recycled Art and I've held on to that feeling since that moment.

Materials:

• Perfume Box
  • Oil Paint
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Fabric Paint
  • PVC Coated Copper Wire (Corset)

Everlasting Love

Everlasting Love

This is one of my favorite pieces to date. From the moment I decided on what I wanted to create, everything just fell into place. I carefully selected the most interesting pages from the publication because I wanted to tell a story. I used the most unconventional canvas for this artistic adventure and I was very happy with the finished product.

Materials:

• A piece of a dismantled display booth (Once used in Trade Shows)
  • Pages of W Magazine, 2008
  • Glue Stick
  • Lotion
  • Fabric Paint