by Kiersten Albrecht

Skills

• Trained in crisis prevention, intervention and management
  • Well-rounded in academic and extracurricular activities
  • Extensive background in volunteer work pertaining to community outreach and interaction
  • Excellent communcation and public speaking skills
  • Strong writer and critical thinker
  • Extensive background in event planning
  • Diplomatic decision maker

Background Information

Hello my name is Kiersten Albrecht. I am a Registered Nurse and a proud Pace graduate.

My studies and extracurricular activities have had a great influence on my four years at Pace University. I am a former Resident Assistant and Program Director for Student Nurses at Pace (SNAP). I pride myself in my time management skills and motivation to better myself and broaden my horizons.

During my time at Pace, I was inducted into the Golden Key International Honor Society which is a direct reflection of my willingness and enthusiasm towards my academics. My hobbies include basketball, cooking, being out doors, and most importantly, spending time with my family and friends. I have been influenced greatly by my family and friends which I hold very dear. I am also very dedicated to community service and giving back to those in need. I have organized events such as blood and food drives and have participated in Relay for Life and I also started a team for “Go the Distance”, a walk to support the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center.

I am currently searching for an RN position in the Ulster, Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester or New York Cirty Area. I look forward to starting this new adult/working version chapter in my life and embrace the challenges ahead. Pace University and the Lienhard School of Nursing has prepared me greatly.

My Goals

As a goal-oriented individual, I find that by having a list of both short-term and long-term goals helps me to work towards greatness.  My short-term goals for Spring 2012 included taking full advantage of my precepting experiences to become as comfortable in the clinical setting as possible, applying my critical thinking skills to all aspects of nursing from administration to the bedside, becoming more politically involved, graduating May 11, 2012 and passing the NLCEX.  Since then, I have graduated with BSN, passed the NCLEX and have begun my job search. I know that with the knowledge and training I received at Pace University, I can accomplish any of my goals. Longterm goals of mine include working towards my Master's degree and changing lives for the better.

Feedback

1044 page visits from 28 August 2012 to 28 August 2015