Comments (0) Add comment

Name: Pamela Marianelli V. Agbulos, "Nelli" 

Class of 2016 

Majors: Political Science BA/MPA & Women's and Gender Studies

Why Political Science.pdf

72.8KB | Friday, 04 January 2013 | Details

InTERESTS

global affairs
philanthropy
digital and film photography
 visual arts
jewelry design
blogging
volunteering
travelling

Comments (0) Add comment
At NMUN 2014 with my fellow NGO representatives. My partner and I represented Oxfam International.
Comments (0) Add comment

ABOUT  Nelli

Your (extra)ordinary dreamer fueled by passion

Comments (0) Add comment

My name is Nelli Agbulos, and I am a junior at Pace University. I was born and raised in Vancouver, B.C., Canada; now, I commute from New Jersey. I am a double major in Political Science BA/MPA and Women's and Gender Studies, with a minor in Peace and Justice Studies. I am a proud member of the Pforzheimer's Honors College. 

Going to school in New York City is one of the most exciting things that has happened to me: I am studying in the "heart of Manhattan", nearby several companies and organizations I can intern at and a tourist attraction in itself. I love arriving at the World Trade Center PATH station every morning and walking out into the New York City skyline, with everyone around me walking briskly. New York City's pace is distinctive because its pace is recognized as "on the go". People forget to realize, however, each person is unique and goes at their own pace. The city's "salad bowl" of cultures seen in Pace University's environment subsequently reflects each student's pursuit of his/her own dreams, with the encouragement and support of friends and professors. Just as it's normal to be astonished by the tallness of buildings, it is alright to be overwhelmed by the enormity of dreams - the heights are terrifying, but overcoming the fear and obstacles makes it an unforgettable journey.

New York City's words to live by; courtesy of MTA subway machines, Macy's building in Herald Square, and the Pepsi billboard in Times Square.
Comments (0) Add comment

Overall Reflections

Creating my ePortfolio required visual design and personal attention, as I viewed it as an "All About Me" online book tailored to my preference. My ePortfolio's theme is Pace's motto, "OPPORTUNITAS", as my ePortfolio highlights the opportunities given to me at Pace, and my growth as a student, leader, and volunteer. An extension of my resumé, my ePortfolio exemplifies my personal and professional skills, goals, and accomplishments that can be viewed by prospective employers to gain insight on who I am.

I enjoyed organizing my ePortfolio’s content and designing the pages’ layout, as I used creativity in making it truly "me".  Besides uploading my academic papers and articles, I also uploaded my artwork and photography to incorporate them onto my pages; that made my pages more evocative of my artistic style. I challenged myself to make each page layout different from one another. Font wise, I experimented with each font and decided to put a twist on my labels by not sticking to one font, but incorporating other types to give the label a quirky touch. I did not want to stick with one font for label use in my ePortfolio because I want my ePortfolio to be distinctive from others. Hence, I played around with the sizes, colors, and design of the available fonts till I was pleased with their overall appearance.

Just like language, I believe photos have the power to tell a story or convey something that can touch, tickle, or frighten the viewer. With ePortfolio, I get to blend language and photos together to record my story as I journey through my undergraduate years. Attending university is the last time in my life I am responsible for learning, and I want to make the most of it. I especially like how the ePortfolio program is flexible in making changes, because it is an ongoing documentary project that will change along with my experiences. I am glad to have this ePortfolio as an outlet to share my post-secondary opportunities, and I hope to inspire others to use ePortfolio to their full potential. 

Comments (0) Add comment

GOALS

Spring 2015 Goals

1. Get a 4.0 GPA at the end of the semester. 
  2. Collaborate with CCAR on another anti-trafficking awareness campaign.
  3. Write an article for The Pace Press.  

Long Term Goals

1. Complete an internship abroad by Summer 2015.
  2. Expand the presence of my anti-trafficking blog, The Anti-Trafficking Independence Project
  3. Find out how to print drawing designs on shirts, then produce and sell them for charity fundraising.
Personal Goals for 2015
  1. Explore unventured boroughs in New York City. 
  2. Learn how to relax and to get enough sleep. 
  3. Reconnect with old friends.

Favorites

Color: Cerulean Blue
Superhero: Batman 
Movies: Star Wars & Despicable Me
Food: California sushi roll 
TV shows: F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
Vancouver place: Stanley Park
NYC place: South Street Seaport 

Anna and I were so excited to randomly meet the Pace mascot!
Comments (0) Add comment
The Charity Miles app on my cellphone donates the miles I've ran or walked to Girl Up. Every mile educates a girl for a week!
Comments (0) Add comment

Feedback

Comments are moderated. If you choose to make this comment public, it will not be visible to others until it is approved by the owner.
3615 page visits from 28 August 2012 to 27 August 2015