Develop and Design Effective Web Communications

As part of the Develop and Design Web Communications class I created a website to help promote my video production services as a cinematographer, Steadicam operator, and editor.  The design process included creating the site map, researching web trends, setting up a hosting platform, designing the layout, and building the actual site.  When building the website I used the material we learned in class about information architecture to careful construct the layout of the website to make the information easily accessible to any user.   You can see the attached flow chart below that mapped out the site's information architecture.  It was a rewarding process as it allowed me to work on something that will allow me to publicly showcase my work.   

Website Screenshot

Industrial Media Production: Media & Communication Arts Promo

Media and Communications Arts Video

The Media & Communication Arts Program promotional video was produced as part of a project for the Industrial Media Production Class.   After being asked by the department for a promotional video, both Matt West and myself generated an idea which was approved for production.  The request was for an energetic and exciting video that would peek the interests of the department's audiences.  So we delivered!

Yankees Parade Video

Role: Produced, Shot, & Edited

An exciting recap of the Yankees Parade celebrating their 27th World Championship capturing the players, fans, and all the excitement. Video was put together as a marketing piece for Pace University to act as a viral video on YouTube.

Challenge: Produce a video that would showcase the New York Yankees World Series Parade, while clearly promoting Pace University. It was necessary to find a balance between the footage from the parade and the images of Pace University. A good balance would make it not seem as much like a marketing piece for the University but would still provide visibility for it. - Outcome: The video was successful in gaining many views within the first weeks of it being uploaded to Youtube. It received 5,000 views within 10 days and proved to be a great exposure piece for Pace University. Pace University which markets itself through the "New York Advantage" found this video to capture the spirit of being a part of New York and promote the many things that you can do around Pace. The video was balanced well as viewers enjoyed watching the highlights from the parade, but also recognized that it was a video affiliated with Pace.

The Pace Experience

Produced video to open the Pace University Leaders in Management Event which welcomed special guests including Donald Trump and Gurbaksh Chahal.  The video features a series of vignettes which capture various moments that Pace students experience that impact their lives.

Homecoming Video Featuring Keri Hilson

Showcases live event video coverage.

The Homecoming Video was produced as a highlights recap of Pace University's Homecoming 2009. It includes clips from all the weekend's festivities including the Football Game and Concert featuring a shout out from musical artist Keri Hilson. The video captures student life and can be used as an inspiring marketing piece.

Kindle Pilot Program

Video showcasing the Kindle Pilot Program at Pace University. Clips from video were featured on the CBS Evening News.

Role: Produced, Shot, & Edited.

Description: The Kindle/Pace University video was created to promote the Kindle Pilot Program that Amazon chose Pace to be a part of. Selected from a few select colleges/universities in the US, Pace was looking to showcase its participation in the exclusive program.   It was used and aired on the CBS Evening News where I received national credit for the work.

Michael DeRario's portfolios

4 portfolios

Production Shots