- Work hard at my current position as a Production Editor at Scholastic
- Promote children's literacy in and out of my work
- Help promote children's literacy and education
- Finish my novel
- Have a fulfilling career in publishing
Certifications, accreditations and awards
Because of my GPA from Spring 2014 and Fall 2014, I was one of the top hundred students at Pace University's New York City campus.
Every semester at Pace, from Fall 2013 to Fall 2015, I have been named to the Dean's List for First Honors, meaning that I had at least a 3.85 GPA as a full-time student.
Publishing (MS) at Pace University
Earned 32 credits towards a Bachelors in LiteratureAddress: Annandale-on-Hudson, NY
- Writing: Proofreading, copy editing, blogging, personal essays, editing, fiction, poetry, article writing
- Technology: Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Administrative: Customer service, organizational skills, event planning, social media
- Languages: English (fluent)
Production Editor Scholastic Inc.
• Copy edits and proofreads proofs, mechanicals, and copy for the interiors, jackets, and covers for titles in a variety of imprints and reading levels • Conducts quality checks for reflowable text and fixed layout e-books and advises for e-book conversions of print titles • Familiar and comfortable with using The Chicago Manual of StyleAddress: New York, NY
• Assisted with company rebranding, publicity, and customer service • Spearheaded a discount program with Manhattan hotels to provide discounts for Gotham students • Led and helped with weekly company events • Documented experience through blogging:Address: New York, NY
• Oversaw computer labs, enforced lab and computer policies, provided software tutorials to students, and troubleshot printers and computersAddress: Annandale-on-Hudson
• Catalogued and processed new books, helped with the archival of outdated books, and aided patronsAddress: Bayonne, NJ
• Wrote about 30 published articles on a range of topics; Journalistic portfolio is available upon request • Coordinated daily “Community Notes” sectionAddress: Jersey City, NJ
• Edited personal statements for 12 high school students, including international students, seeking college admission • Tutored about 10 students in algebra I, geometry, conceptual physics, and SAT skills
- Able to use MLA formatting, as well as The Chicago Manual of Style