Diandra Garcia's portfolios

6 portfolios

SPRING 2009 - PRESENT

New York Cares has given me countless community service opportunities ranging from tutoring local children to cleaning up parks and schools.

It is now the city's largest volunteer organization, running volunteer programs for 1,200 nonprofits, city agencies and public schools. Today's volunteers share our founders' vision that we all have a role to play in making our city a better place. For more information, visit www.newyorkcares.org

FALL 2010 - PRESENT

I have served Habitat for Humanity of Westchester through public relations, promotion, and sales at both of their thrift stores.

Habitat for Humanity of Westchester is an organization of thousands of volunteers who seek to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness throughout Westchester County, and to make decent, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and public action. Habitat invites people from all walks of life to work together in partnership to build houses with families in need. For more information, please visit www.habitatwc.org.

MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS & VISUAL ARTS AWARD

With my family the day before receiving my bachelor's degree. I was honored with the Dyson College of Arts & Science's Media Communications & Visual Arts award.

BRODEUR FAMILY ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP

The Brodeur Family Endowed Scholarship was a financial award granted to me every semester during my undergraduate career. Emily Brodeur is a Pace alum '93 and is now Managing Director of IB Marketing and Communications in JPMorgan Chase NYC.

She has been a wonderful communications mentor for my entire college experience. I'm utterly grateful for all her support.

PACE ALTERNATIVE SPRING BREAK 2011

In this picture, Pace Alternative Spring Breakers and I sport our new Ready, Willing & Able shirts inside RWA’s Harlem Center for Opportunity after joining the “men in blue” on their morning routes. To read more about this rewarding experience, visit http://www.thepawprint.net/opinion/new-york-city-where-poverty-never-sleeps-1.2140486 where I write an editorical piece for the student newspaper.

Ready, Willing & Able (The Doe Fund) is a nonprofit organization offering innovative programs that empower formerly homeless and incarcerated individuals. With more than 4,000 graduates from the Ready, Willing & Able residential, work, and job-skills training program, we have proven that a hand up, not a hand-out, provides the necessary tools for transforming the lives of those in need. Visit their Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/TheDoeFund.