Co-curricular /Extracurricular Activities

P.A.C.E. Board

Details

Kappa Delta

Kappa_Delta_Crest_Large.jpg
Details

P.A.C.E. Board

I am a member of P.A.C.E. Board which stands for Programming and Campus Entertainment Board. In this club we hold events such as the Homecoming concert, Fall Fest, Spring Fest, talent shows, entertainment panels, as well as a comedy show. I have had amazing experiences as a member of P.A.C.E. Board the past two years. My greatest experience was when I was chosen, because of my involvement, to work as a runner during the homecoming concert for rapper, French Montana. It was an awesome experience, I got to bring him to and from the stage and check up on him to let him know when we were ready for him to go on stage or see if he needed anything.

Kappa Delta

Another thing I am a part of on campus is the sorority Kappa Delta. I am currently serving on the council as Kappa Delta Secretary. My sorority focuses on four main philanthropies that we give proceeds to through different events we hold. These philanthropies include Prevent Child Abuse America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Childrens Hospital of Richmond, Virginia, and Orthopedic Research. We also work towards empowering women. An organization we work with to do this is Confidence Coalition, which was actually created by a Kappa Delta member. The focus of working with the Confidence Coalition is to make women feel important and know that they are good enough. As secretary of this organization, I had the greatest opportunity to attend a leadership training known as NCTA, in Chicago, Il. It was such an amazing experience and I learned so much about being a leader. I also had the pleasure to meet the National President of Kappa Delta Sorority, Beth Martin Langford.

Comments

Adam legett
16 December 2014, 11:12 PM
Adam legett
Adam legett
16 December 2014, 11:12 PM
Good job

http://www.pikbay.com
2 comments