Ashley Neff's portfolios

4 portfolios

Graduate Degree

I am currently pursuing my Masters Degree at  Pace University in the Media and Communication Arts program. This program has taught me so many things about media and how it is constantly changing. International Communications, Writing for Organizations, and Industry Theory and Practice have really showed me what the media is all about, and what to expect when I finally get the opportunity to land a job in the industry.

My Personal Website

Undergraduate Degree

I completed my Undergraduate Degree at Mercy College in Communications with a concentration in Journalism. I worked dilligently in our small program as the Mercy College Newspaper's Entertainment Editor, and Blog Editor. 

Undergraduate Awards

Quill Award in Publicity Writing

Quill Award in Feature Writing                            

1st Place American Scholastic Press Association Award

Developing and Designing Effective Web Communications

As a final project for my MCA 670 class, I developed and designed my own personal website. I believe the only way to enter into the crazy world of journalism, is to sell yourself, and tell anyone who is willing to hear. I began this website with the idea that I would have one place where all of my writing samples would be published, and after a few months of designing, I have done just that. I am very pleased with the outcome and now have a great understanding of information architecture and how important the basic knowledge of web communications is. 

Thanks to this class, I now understand that the Internet and the web are two different things, and that you can actually access the Internet without the web. I especially enjoyed learning about Meta Tags, and Cookies and Caching. I believe these terms are things people should know when working with computers. I consider myself to be very computer capable, and welcome any new terminology.

Out of all the topics we discussed, I found universal design my favorite. I find people hardly consider the handicapped people who do not have the capabilities that others do. I love how technology is now making it easier for the disabled or handicapped to access the Internet, and are using these outlets for teaching methods as well. 

Check out my website at : www.ashleyneff.tk

Website Flow Chart

Course Listing

Spring 2013:
MCA 693Internship

Spring 2012:
MCA 625Corporate Comm & Reputation
MCA 670Designing & Eval Effect Comm
MCA 696PTPC: Communication & Conflict

Fall 2011:
MCA 601Industry Theory and Practice
MCA 602Writing for Organizations
MCA 640International Communication

Spring 2011:
MCA 603Effective Spkng for Indus Prof
MCA 620Media Relations

Undergraduate Main Courses

Introduction to Public Relations

Publicity Writing

News Reporting

Feature Writing

Introduction to Film

Sports Psychology

Television Production

Magazine Editing and Publishing