BSU Eboard

Some of my fellow eboard members at our Black by Popular Demand event from the Spring 2016 semester.

Text

My family is extremely supportive of me, I'm not sure what I would do without them. The first photo is of me with my younger sister and my grandmother and the second shows me with my parents at BSU's Black Excellence Dinner in February 2016.

About Me Wordle

In February of 2014 I completed the highest track of a youth ministry called Pathfinders. Completing Master Guide is a rare and difficult accomplishment, especially if you're only 16. With the training I received from Master Guide I have learned how to be a better youth leader in church and in the community. 

Higher Heights is a college and SAT preparation program that I participated in during my junior and senior years in high school. Here I am with Director Chaka Felder (left) and Nelson, a former intern (right), after receiving the 'Oscar Goes to....' Award for my interest in Drama and Theatre Arts at the 2012 Young Legends Ball

Photo courtesy of Tom Ficklin Media

I got the opportunity to travel to Australia and New Zealand with People to People Student Ambassadors in 2013. Check out my Showcase page for a video about the New Zealand Portion of the trip!

White Privilege Conference

I traveled to the White Privilege Conference last year with Pace's Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity. Above is myself with the presenters of one of the workshops I attended.

INROADS is a program whose mission is to develop and place talented underserved youth in business and industry, and prepare them for corporate and community leadership. This past summer I interned at MetLife Insurance in Bloomfield, CT, an internship I was placed at through INROADS. Above I am pictured at the 2014 New England Corporate Interview Day with New England Regional Director, Donald McAulay. 

Photo courtesy of Tom Ficklin Media

I graduated from Hamden High School in June of 2014 with Spanish Honors. These pictures include my family as well as some of my closest friends from school. 

C-Hit Investigative Journalism Camp 2014

I participated in Connecticut Health Investigative Team's Journalism Camp during the Summer of 2014. The students were responsible for developing their own stories. I made a lot of friends and also experienced a little of the journalism world while I was there.

I guarantee you I am in this picture; in the back left corner.

Youth Rights Media

Across my pages you'll find many references to my time as an intern at Youth Rights Media. Those 3 years were probably the best years of my life because I got to do what I love with people I love. Here I am with Program Coordinator, Melissa, and to the right with my fellow former interns. 

My family at Youth Rights Media, featuring our Program Director and Coordinator, Dan & Melissa.

Adina McCray's portfolios

My Pages

(5 pages)
1 result

Comments

mpulaskibehling
18 November 2014, 12:41

Great job showcasing all of your activities and honors on this page.

Megan Morse
18 November 2014, 12:41

That is so cool you went to investigative journalism camp.

Taylor Rock
18 November 2014, 12:42

This is a nice page. It shows that you've been involved in a lot of programs that will be useful towards a potential future career.

Alexis Carson
18 November 2014, 12:43

This page is great! I loved learning more about you and your accomplishments/ activities!

Joshua Barksdale
18 November 2014, 12:47

Very nice page. It showcases your involvement in various areas also excelling at it.
5 comments