I love taking photos while traveling. This is in Newport, Rhode Island

My Top 10 Favorite Books

1. Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling

2. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. Who Do You Love, Jennifer Weiner

4. Hemingway's Girl, Erika Robuck

5. The Old Man And The Sea, Ernest Hemingway

6. All Souls Trilogy, Deborah Harkness

7. An Object of Beauty, Steve Martin

8. This Is Where I Leave You, Jonathan Tropper

9. Us, David Nicholls

10. Me Talk Pretty One Day, David Sedaris

Carly Steet Mathias's portfolios

5 portfolios

My Husband and I on our Wedding Day!

Introduction

"So what do you want to do when you graduate?" That was a question I heard many times during my studies at Pace University's MA in Media, Communications and Visual Arts Program. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to know the exact answer, and more importantly, I have been doing exactly what I said I wanted to do after graduation. My passions are event planning, writing, and Public Relations. My dream is to eventually be a writer, but for now, I am working in my family's business, the Steet-Ponte Auto Group, as the group's Communications & Digital Marketing Manager. I am handling all social media accounts, creating contests, promotions, sales and events for each store, while also updating websites, create advertisements for sales, evaluating sponsorship opportunities, and handling each store's online reputation management! 

I graduated from Pace University's Pleasantville Campus in May of 2013 with my Master's Degree. I fell in love with the program after doing some research, and loved it even more after my first few classes. Through the program, I was able to hone in on my written and oral speaking skills, but also learning the ins and outs of Public and Media Relations, Media and Communications Law and Ethics, Corporate Reputation, and Corporate Event Design.

I'm a stickler for detail, which is probably why I also love writing so much. As an English Literature major at Le Moyne College, I took courses in Creative Writing and Poetry, which shaped my love for writing and creating stories. After graduating from Pace, I feel that I received the best education and experiences to help me in combining my passions and working in the field of Public Relations and Communications, and eventually achieving my dream of writing a book...or two!

Parc de la Ciutadella; Barcelona, Spain

Parc de la Ciutadella

During the Spring semester of 2009, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to study abroad in Barcelona, Spain. Parc de la Ciutadella was a famous park that was walking distance from my apartment in Barcelona. I love this picture because it reminds me of Spain and my travels, but also because in many Eastern cultures, it is said that elephants symbolize good luck.