Career Path Analysis

Over the course of my Academic and Professional career thus far, I have had the opportunity to figure out which path I would like to lead.   When making decisions on your future you need to delve into what your passions are and I ultimately decided to get into the career path of Public Relations & Social Media. I am very invested in Pop Culture and all this genre has to offer the networking world. 

Resumé Breakdown:

Work Experience:

My education & internship experience are two of my biggest highlights on my resumé. I did this purposely to show the path I wanted to pursue in order for me to eventually be compensated with employment in the future. I decided upon The Public Relations & Social Media path so I can have options to choose the sector I would like to pursue. 

As of right now I am focused on social media sector of Public Relations, however I hope to branch out into Public Relations, Hospitality and/or Travel. 

Leadership Experience: 

Over the course of my Senior year, I was the Social Media Director for Her Campus, Pace University Chapter.  This position benefited my career path greatly and prepared me for future internships I would possess, as well as the responsibility that comes with Social Media management. 

In addition to that, I invested my time in Kappa Delta Sorority by holding positions within my Chapter. I held the positions of SET Leader & Leadership Chair.  In both positions, I can confidently say I gained invaluable leadership skills that will most definitely benefit my working career down the line. I had the opportunity to mentor incoming members, as well as be a confidant for incoming members and my sisters. 

I fulfilled my position as Leadership Chair by mentioning and leading events for the chapter that were career related and or benefited the chapter academically. 

Academic Activities:

In terms of academic activities, I had the opportunity to be involved with Pace Board and see how their event process is run. This organization dealt with significant events at Pace University's New York City Campus. Fall/Spring Fest & the Homecoming concert are huge events for the organization.

During my Undergraduate career, I was also a member of The Arts & Entertainment Management Club.  I joined this club to get more insight on the minor I was pursuing.  This organization benefited me because of the networking events they ran, such as, the One Day Immersion Event and their Winter Gala that connects students with Top Professionals in Communications & Management. 

Community Service:

I had the opportunity to help out with registration during the March of Dimes Walk in White Plains and New York City.  I dedicated my time to this organization, because it is for a good cause, which I can personally relate to considering my twin sister and I were born prematurely. 

The second volunteer opportunity was The Design on a Dime Benefit that I attended as a part of my Event Management class, which I had taken in the Spring of 2016.  While at the event, I learned the ins and outs of their benefit and how there are several aspects that are involved in order to make an event go smoothly.  I had the opportunity to help out in Sales, as well as directing guests where to pick up furniture. 

Skills: 

I have gained valuable experience using Microsoft products such as Word, Powerpoint and many more.  I am also knowledgable in the Social Media scheduling application, Sprout Social, Canva, Google Analytics & Community Management. 

Resumé

Recommendation

Susan Ayala's portfolios

1 portfolio