What is ANAD?

ANAD stands for Anorexia Nervosa & Associate Disorders. As philanthropy chair, I learned so much about what this disorder actually is and how it is truly harmful for an individual. This disorder is not just prevalent in females, but in males as well... and that is what people fail to forget. This entire week, my co-chair and I worked to spread the message that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Everyone is who they are for a reason; everyone is unique. We kicked off the week with sisters of Delta Phi Epsilon posting makeup less selfies portraying their natural beauty. Next, we had a Zumba night with a sister and myself as the instructors. This class was a night of fitness and fun. People should not look in the mirror and say that they need to lose weight, they should have fun doing it and express themselves. Then, we held events such as Pie a Deepher and our first annual ANAD Fashion Show. Both of these were a success and with our record attendance at the Fashion Show, we made it into the Pace Chronicle. Finally, we close the week with a Vigil, in silence and remembrance for those who have suffered from this disorder as a whole organization.

Delta Phi Epsilon

With these two images, my organization made it to the Pace Chronicle for two reasons. One being that we nailed a successful ANAD week and were able to get a large part of the Pace Community involved. Two, we were able to get Miss New York to come and be a judge at our fashion show. She was a great influence and help for our event and shared what ANAD means to her and why she supports this great cause.

ANAD in a Nutshell

This video is a summary of the entire week of ANAD! From the preparations to the events I was beyond proud of myself and my sisters for a job well done and the awesome outcomes. Everyone was amazed and participated. I think we were able to finally spread the message that we are all beautiful and unique to Pace University.

Kick-off Video

This video was our kick-off video. As sisters were posting selfies, we posted parts of this each day to keep spreading the message and invite people to join us our events and throw away their insecurities!