Tips for Your Job Search

Press Release for Bill Florin

Press Release for Mary Fricke

How to by Group 1

This presentation is a little "how to" for graduate students looking for jobs. We talk about how to ask for a personal reference rather than a professional on. How to research a company/industry and how to write the proper thank you letter.

Bill Florin

Bill Florin is the President of Resu-mazing Services Company and he visited the Pace University Pleasantville campus to help graduate students polish their resumes and prepare for the professional world that is underway. Since launching Resu-mazing Services Company in 2009, he has written hundreds of resumes and thousands of cover letters, thank you letters and other documents. He claims "show me don't tell me" on a resume. Check out www.resu-mazing.com for more information and the post press release that my group wrote!

Mary Fricke

Mary Fricke is the Recruitment Technology Leader at General Electric (GE). She visited Pace University to advise graduate students in getting that interview and the job. Fricke discussed some tips for a great resume as well as the do's and don'ts for during an interview.  She claims "resumes get the interview...people get the job!." Check out the post press release my group also wrote.

Cover Letter and Thank You Letter

In this class we focused a great amount of time on resumes, cover letters and thank you letters. We were given an assignment to find a job that we would be interested in and write a cover letter and thank you letter for after the interview.

Thank You Letter

Cover Letter